Friday, July 9, 2010

New Things are Certainly not Better


Actually – this is my experience.

Not so long ago I started working in the new blogger Editor with the thought that this would be easier for me to work with, but I do regret that I must say that for me this is certainly not the case.

I went to the new editor because I need more time than someone who's native language is English to write down my text, so writing in Draft is a very good solution for me.

Actually the thing that I really could appreciate in the new editor was that I could work in draft and that I could publish the post on the last date that I worked in it, (and as far as I know that's not the case in the old editor).

At first everything seemed to work well, but as I said before from the moment that I started to publish pictures the misery began.

I wanted to place them in the center of the page and although I clicked on the correct preference it sometimes only appeared on the left. I also had a problem with the size of the pictures. Often when I chose “small” it appeared on the post “large”. There also appeared empty spaces there where they were not supposed to be. What's also very annoying is that when I saw the post in draft and in preview everything seemed to be OK, but it's not “what you see is what you get”. After publishing I had to change the post or even had to redo the whole post because it was such a mess.

Because I had so many problems I went back to the old editor and now “I hope” I will have less problems.

Maybe it can be that I'm not skilled enough in blogging, so I'm going to figure out what I'm doing wrong, although – there are many people who have the same problem as I.

It's only a pity that I can't use the draft in the old editor as long as I don't know "how" and "if" it's possible to change the date. Actually – I found so many questions around this subject on blogger-help, but (till now) no one could give a solution for it. Many bloggers who use the old editor have tried to change the draft date but didn't succeed in it, they even had problems with publishing in Scheduled.

Actually I have yet one other big obstruction and that's the timezone. I'm living in Europe and thus that's a problem. They say that you need to change the date of the draft just before you publish it, but the timezone needs to be correct and I don't know which timezone I must take on to be correct.


I can't find the answer on blogger-help, so I would appreciate it if someone who knows more about it can give me the answer to this question.


I'm always ready to learn, so I still hope that I will be capable to use the new editor in the future.

Blogger is a wonderful tool, but you must know how to work with it, you must know the ins and outs. So I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks for your attention.


PS: To my followers! Sorry for the mess on your dashboard. Probably you have seen that I was experimenting with publishing posts in Scheduled but also in this I didn't succeed.

Wrrrrr! I'm only angry at myself folks!

Have a good weekend!


2 comments:

  1. uck--very frustrating stuff

    i'm so out that i don't even know what the new editor is, lol

    wish i was of some help...but i just stick up pictures and write one quick draft...i have no special skills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I thought that already everyone used the new blogger Editor. If you want to know more about the advantages then go to the settings. There you can click on: new Editor and you can read more about it.

    Till now I will stay with the old one.
    Within a few hours I'm going to prepare a new post for Pipke's life story. It's one with many pictures and icons and also filmpictures. I wonder how many problems I will encounter then.
    It will take a while before I get everything on the right place!
    I hope that this time everything will go smooth.
    See you!:)

    ReplyDelete